Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thanks to all!

Oo-de-lally! Oo-de-lally! The Chapstick Weekly Launch Party was superfab, and I thought I’d say a few things about it!

First off, on the monitors during the evening were two videos:
First, the Disney animated Robin Hood, probably the greatest Disney movie ever (I can see a top five really of greatest evers, also including Winnie the Pooh, Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan…but we should all go ahead and agree that Robin Hood takes the Gold - I mean, check out legendary singer/songwriter Roger Miller as the Rooster).

Second Powaqqatsi, presented by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas. It’s basically a collection of great clips that are supposed to show “Life in Transition” aka the effects of modernization on 3rd world developing cultures.

Second off:
The model and makeup design was done by Katie Jones at Savvy Salon. If you didn’t see it, you missed out. You can see some more of her work at the upcoming Oranje. Definitely worth your while, even if your interest in fashion and style is circumstantial.

Third off:
I’d love to get some input about future parties. What do you think?

And! Then! There comes a time when it’s time to say thanks. So here it is, short and sassy (or concise and clear if we want to do professional, resume-sounding terms).

Thanks to you, Katie Jones, for being the most amazing, remarkable person I have ever known! It was a pleasure to have your involvement in this event, and I can’t tell you thanks enough for all your support and help! Gracias! Gracias! De nada!

Thanks to you, Clay Reinken, for getting the design aspect of the site looking like it’s a real site and not something that I did.

Thanks to you, Alex Jimenez, for running for Mayor in 2011.

Thanks to you, Patrick McNellie, for helping me out in the many small areas you did.

Thanks to you, beer people, for donating beer!

Thanks to all of you, for helping to make my event a success. Hope to see you at the next one!

No comments: